Monday, August 01, 2005

Forgiving

There’s more to a bond than gifts and smiles. The most important things are compassion and respect. It is about accepting a person as she is, with all her good and filth and caring for her, till time takes her apart. The mindset to accept a person as they are is the utmost vice a person could possess. To put yourself in other person’s shoes may be easy to imagine, but difficult to enact.

It is said, “to err is human; to forgive is divine.” A person might commit a mistake due to the circumstance or may be foolishness of a moment. The reputation created by this action might be unconditionally pathetic. The wisest action at this point by the doer would be to realize his foolishness and to ensure that the same is not repeated. If his confidence level of not doing the same mistake is less; then efforts should be made to avoid situations of the same nature. But not all are emotionally mature to handle situations. They would need support from people important in their lives to guide them in their dark hours. They could be plunged into greater depths if their trusted ones abandon them with fear of earning a bad reputation by being associated with them.

In a bond lined in by affection or love, forgiveness is a virtue that is not quantified. It is not a methodology that could be practiced or imposed. It comes straight from my heart. My friend might have done something that hurt me. If my attitude is to move away from him, even after he expresses his deepest apology and regret for the same, I would lose my friend, which would add to my misery. Rather, if I adopt him back, then he would turn to be my most dependable ally.

I hope to remember the reply of a famous teacher when he was asked ‘how many times should I forgive my neighbour? 7 or 70 times?’ to which the teacher replied ‘as many as he commits mistakes’. Let your love and attitude bring him so close that he would be guided before he moves to any mistake!

:-)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey long time ....

Im here now ...

http://www.employees.org/~grider/blog/

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WORDS ARE ALL VAIN WITHOUT ACTION.

7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agree. Some people does not deserve to be forgiven.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home