Tuesday, September 14, 2004

18 Till I die?

"Being 24 is not as being 18!" A valuable lesson that should be learnt ahead of being hurt.

One could claim that he can be '18 till I die', but it is hard. The trip to Talakkad proved that to me. I would rather put the trip as my first anatomy lesson in several years as I could point out every muscle on my body, the day after my trip and not much explanation is required when I state that I finished an entire can of pain relief spray to get over it!

Talakkad is a river basin some 130kms from Bangalore and the place is historical importance, as claimed by the Archaeological Society of India. The trip was arranged by the youth wing of my parish and my interest in the trip was pure entertainment. I dragged along MMN tempting him with the scenic beauty of the place (I don't know how much he enjoyed it as I could see him sitting on the shore and sleeping by 3pm!). My only fear was that the trip would be topped with a heavy dose of prayers. But thankfully the team was cheerful and the prayer part was just restricted to a minute at the start of the trip.

I had imagined myself to be 18 when I left, as it was the average age of the group. We had a blast with beach handball, football and swimming. After my first fall on my back attempting a diving save, I was pretty much sure of the outcome for the next day; but felt confident to face the worse. The team had heartily welcomed us into the group and it was fun.

The return proved even more fun when I got to play the 'big brother' sharing my thoughts and actually boring the kids in front.[Yes I know that and MMN need not comment on this!{To MMN: you can be really deadly:-)}]

Now that I am in office and literally can't move my head, I understand how difficult it could be to be 18 till I die! (I might want to join a gym once I start moving my body with out pain!)

Cheers:-)




7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aavesham koodi poyathente kozhapum aane.Prayamayal adengi irrikenum.Need a massage?

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jubilant said...

Sure. I would love to.:-)

4:09 PM  
Blogger srikanthsastry said...

It's not abt being 18 or 24. It's about being fit and healthy. That is something that is so obviously missing from our lifestyle.... come on! u have football players fit as a fiddle till they are in their mid 30's what makes u think u are old at 24? You need to get ur fitness bar a little over the danger mark that's all ;)

11:01 PM  
Blogger Abdul Bijur V.A. said...

Ha ha, Well now that you know hwo old you are why dont you leave the adventerous stuff to us younger generation kids?

9:56 AM  
Blogger emanish said...

age of 24, dont have much to do with it. It's just that in last 3 years we folks haven't active physically. I have had similar experiences and really hurts knowing you are getting old at 24 :(. Gym's a good idea...

3:25 PM  
Blogger Jubilant said...

I'm not leaving anything to the kids. I've started walking every day, joining a band as bass player and am also planning to join a basket ball team!

Bijur, forget it man...I ain't gonna give up:-)

9:49 AM  
Blogger Noufal said...

Gym eh? Good luck. It's fun and all that and keeping yourself fit is a good thing but our lifestyles usually don't allow for that kind of thing. Oh well

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home