Streams

In search of the final destination...

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I believe in keeping friends.

Friday, June 04, 2004

Belief: The Miracle Worker

The study of human behavior is perhaps one of the most significant and extensive area of investigation amoung the sciences. This owes to the fact that the human nature has extravagant and assorted faces! Many believe that it would be impossible to find two people from a sample lot who share all the attributes. To be more judgmental, it has already been proved that no two atoms are same. So, a person should be flawlessly reasonable when he emphasizes that, “I am different!”

Since the emphasis is on human nature, to move away from being diverse, a thought occurred to me on what could possibly be squared on as the single common attribute of all people? What is that every person likes to uphold? What is that guides him? What could possibly be the cause for his strength, confidence and pride? Some of these are the commonly heard dialogues in our day to day life:

“I think that should be due to ……”

“I knew it would ……”

“I believe ……”

That should be it! Belief. Belief is what guides a person. It is what gives him the urge to live. I believe that my destination is near and my belief shows me the way. I know that I am going to get there; sooner or later. It is the same belief that gives a mother the strength to carry her baby through the ten months and then go through the incredible labor pain; the conviction that she is a part of the true miracle of life. I go to sleep every night peacefully as I believe that I am going to wake up the next day at dawn and I would have a whole new and vivid day ahead of me. I leave home saying, “Honey, I’ll see you at eight for dinner” because I believe that I would be there by my beloved, which I so much long for.

Now, it could be universal to have some beliefs, but it requires substantial courage to stand up for what one believes in. This owes to the principles of life, which I am sure every one would cherish. I could believe in something and every day that pass would undoubtedly bring forth challenges to my beliefs. I say, “I believe in father the God almighty and his only Son…………” every day in front of the alter and may not even bother to abide it by being a good son! One could say I believe that the politics is fraudulent and has to be cleansed off and would not even bother to vote!

‘No wonder, the world is full of Hypocrites!’

But there are people who stood up to their beliefs and believed they can! Had it not for them, man would have never conquered the Everest and the Moon. We could have had no airplanes, leave airplanes… not even cars!

Every thing that we see in this world is a testimonial of someone’s belief. It is an ovation to the fact that some one stood up to the challenges, the test of time and society because he trusted in his belief; in himself. This is what every one should do. Say this to yourselves,

“My life may not be the way I wanted it to be, I am may not be seen as a person I want to be, something might not be going the way it should be; but sooner or later I am going to be the person I believe I am, because I trust and believe that I can.”

This belief could be your 'Miracle Worker'!

2 Comments:

Blogger Arunima said...

hi!
thanks for dropping by my blog. you write well and I agree with you that if someone has a true friend, he/she is blessed. I really feel that way. You have the ability of interesting the audience till the end with your article. n that's very good unlike me n my lazy brains:-)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Pallavi said...

Belief is what takes the human species from one phase of life to another.. and its belief whether its wrong or right that makes a man who he is...

THat is why it is very important to have the right belief to attain the purpose of the individual's life..

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home